Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSISDB backup not working Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, December 5, 2013 9:32 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 1:23 AM
Gone to back up the SSISDB and get a message 'system.data.sqlclient.SqlError: Cannot open backup device C:\.... ' Operating system error 5(Access is denied)

Now this is not the first back up taken on this instance and I only use one location to store the backups so I dont understand why I can back up one of my database to the same location as has worked for another database. They are all on the same SQL Server 2012 instance (11.0.3000) Dev edition.

Just do not understand why and its driving me Bonkers.

Cheers
E
Post #1520188
Posted Thursday, December 5, 2013 9:55 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Friday, December 12, 2014 8:35 AM
Please double check the path where SSISDB backup is going to...
By default, SSMS will choose "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Binn" for creating the SSISDB backup, not your default Backup directory, hence it will through "Access denied" error.
Post #1520205
Posted Thursday, December 5, 2013 10:04 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

I have tried a variety of destinations including just the root of C. I am convinced it is not the location
Post #1520220
Posted Thursday, December 5, 2013 10:08 AM
Right there with Babe

Well I dont know whats changed but yes the default location is different to where I backed up before. Even though I have tried about 5 different alternatives this timne it worked.

Weird, have been changing permissions and rebooting a bit so maybe that contributed to it working.

Who knows

Thanks
Post #1520222
Posted Friday, December 6, 2013 1:02 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 3:03 AM
Ells (12/5/2013)
I have tried a variety of destinations including just the root of C. I am convinced it is not the location

I have in the past seen cases where there have been security policies in place to prevent files being written to C:\ - whereas writing to anything in a subfolder worked fine. Maybe this is a factor.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)
Post #1520441
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse