Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Scheduling package in sql server 2008 r2 express edition Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:37 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:35 AM
Hi,

I have created a package in ssis and i need to schedule it every week. How do i do that since i found out that there is no sql server agent in 2008r2 express edition.

Please help.
Post #1519545
Posted Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:47 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 12:24 AM
suchitra.venkataramani (12/4/2013)
Hi,

I have created a package in ssis and i need to schedule it every week. How do i do that since i found out that there is no sql server agent in 2008r2 express edition.

Please help.

My understanding is that you'll need to install Integration Services to be able to do this - and that Integration Services is not part of SQL Server Express (except in skeleton form to support the Import/Export Wizard).

So I don't think you'll be able to do this.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)
Post #1519550
Posted Wednesday, December 11, 2013 11:41 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Monday, December 15, 2014 11:14 PM

You should not have SQL Agent for SQL Express edition, so you should not create a job and schedule..
Post #1522154
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse