Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

showing a version of my Application in result Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, November 25, 2013 10:30 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:13 PM
Hi There..

I have 69 SQL DB servers and every server have identical tables but on three database when I am querying the table it populating the Application version in the column compare with other database servers which running the same table (most of them have the same information in the result) not populating the Application version information in the result

can anyone tell me why it populating the application version in the result
Post #1517363
Posted Monday, November 25, 2013 10:31 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

its should not include the Application version in the result.. and its hard coded so its not like someone doing it when entering the data..
Post #1517365
Posted Monday, November 25, 2013 10:52 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 6:44 AM
fawad.majid (11/25/2013)
Hi There..

I have 69 SQL DB servers and every server have identical tables but on three database when I am querying the table it populating the Application version in the column compare with other database servers which running the same table (most of them have the same information in the result) not populating the Application version information in the result

can anyone tell me why it populating the application version in the result

so you are saying in three specific databases, you get an additional column of data you were not expecting?

sounds to me like someone modified the structure of the tables in those three databases, and added the data/applciation version to the table as well.

the Answer, if it's not obvious to you yet, is to explicitly list the desired columns

so instead of this:
exec sp_msForEachDB 'SELECT * FROM [?].dbo.MyTableName;'

--do this instead
exec sp_msForEachDB 'SELECT Column1,Column2,OtherColumns FROM [?].dbo.MyTableName;'

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1517374
Posted Monday, November 25, 2013 10:58 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
Unfortunately, there is no way to answer this question as we don't know anything about your databases, application(s), environment to be able to tell you anything. We don't have crystal balls.

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #1517377
Posted Monday, November 25, 2013 11:07 AM
Grasshopper

No No!

not additional column ... there is a column name RPTBO_HTML column in the table, in the result it getting the same data as other database are but it adding the Application version as well.. its like this

query run and get the data from the table... and in above mentioned column not like other tables in other databases it also including this statement in the same column ... Ill post it to make it clear..

There is other data in this column plus its adding this line which causing the problem and its not in other databases ...
* Report results were calculated using Allscripts Professional EHR version: 10.0"

Post #1517384
Posted Monday, November 25, 2013 11:13 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 6:44 AM
fawad.majid (11/25/2013)
No No!

not additional column ... there is a column name RPTBO_HTML column in the table, in the result it getting the same data as other database are but it adding the Application version as well.. its like this

query run and get the data from the table... and in above mentioned column not like other tables in other databases it also including this statement in the same column ... Ill post it to make it clear..

There is other data in this column plus its adding this line which causing the problem and its not in other databases ...
* Report results were calculated using Allscripts Professional EHR version: 10.0"

nope, not clear yet, at least for me.

show us the actual query you are running.

if you are getting DATA that doesn't match your expectations, you'll need to look at either why the data is wrong, or why your query is not gettign the "right" data...bad grouping, top 1 without order by, who knows...we'd need to see your query to help diagnose.

*edit*:

are you running a query in an applicaiton, or from SSMS?

the text you quoted implies some report application named "Allscripts Professional EHR version: 10.0" " was used, and not SSMS.

maybe the evaluation version inserts that data, but the "Professional " version does not?

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1517385
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse