Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Replicate SQL Function in a Cube Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:28 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:30 PM
Hello,

I hope somebody can help me, I made a 2012 SSAS Multidimensional Cube, but I need to do a function (Assembly) to make a math operation, that must recieve 5 parameters, four dates and 1 decimal value, and return a result, but I have not idea what to do it, i expect yours comments

thanks

Post #1516238
Posted Thursday, November 21, 2013 3:38 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:11 AM
When you say assembly do you mean in the sense of say, a .net assembly? If so you can add these to your AS server instance. Have a look at this for help on that.

Or could the function that you have in SQL be achieved with an MDX calculation? Have a think about that last point as you are now dealing with a completely different way of storing data as opposed to SQL. Oftentimes people will get mixed up trying to replicate a SQL process in OLAP. Also think about applying this function in, say, a view prior to processing.

Good luck.

I'm on LinkedIn
Post #1516363
Posted Friday, December 6, 2013 4:11 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:30 PM
I appreciate your response, it was very useful because we had completed something similar, only we needed to confirm with an expert like you.

Thanks again.

Post #1520775
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse