Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Create table in MS SQL Server ffrom Quickbook Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:48 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 4:02 AM
Hi Experts

Can anyone please guide me how to create destination dynamically as its from Quickbook Source table.In Quickbook i am having 150 tables,how to create table in SQL Server and import the data.

please guide me experts.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------

I am Learner -- SQL
Post #1514292
Posted Sunday, November 17, 2013 5:44 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Monday, July 7, 2014 10:16 AM
Export the data from Quickbook (e.g. as formatted txt files) and use SSIS to read the folder and import the data.
If you don't want to use SSIS , you could read the content of the folder into a table using
EXEC Master.dbo.xp_DirTree 'yourpathhere',1,1
and fetch over each row to dynamically create the OPENROWSET statement.

As to my knowledge there's no direct connection available to connect to Quickbook.

Lutz
A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question
How to post performance related questions
Links for Tally Table , Cross Tabs and Dynamic Cross Tabs , Delimited Split Function
Post #1514978
Posted Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:48 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:29 PM
at one point, built a .NET project that used the quickbooks connector from http://www.rssbus.com/;

with that, and some minor configuration in quickbooks to allow remote access, i was able to see all the "tables" that exist in the quickbooks database live, and then could query them, use LINQ to join them together, export them out to a SQL server database or to disk or anything i wanted to;
I used the 30 day trial as a proof of concept, and then the company i was consulting for bought a license to go with the application.

the one thing at the time, that i felt that was lacking, was the ability to read the relationship between an invoice detail line items that exist on an invoice, and where/how they were tied to items in the ledger; that was with the RSS 1.0 version, and it's several versions worth of improvements since then.

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1519718
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse