Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Strange case of Log Shipping failures Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:29 PM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 7:03 AM
I feel like a noob asking this but has anyone encountered a case where the Restore DB job in log shipping fails due with "Unable to acquire exclusive access" even though you've checked the box (and confirmed in the table) that you want all connections closed prior to restoring?

I know the account that's running it has permissions to close the connections because I've written a job that does just that as a stop-gap.

I've tried to search for people having this problem in Google but when you search for things like "sql server 2012 log shipping close all connections fail" you get a bunch of pages telling you to check the close all connections option. So not only am I baffled by this behavior in SQL Server 2012, I apparently have reached the limits of my Google skills. It's making for a humbling day.

Actual SQL version: 11.0.3000

Post #1514048
Posted Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:35 PM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:11 PM
When it is hung, run sp_whoisactive to see if some peculiar wait shows up.

Also, can you restore the log file MANUALLY?

Best,

Kevin G. Boles
SQL Server Consultant
SQL MVP 2007-2012
TheSQLGuru at GMail
Post #1514081
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse