Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Getting a "not a valid login" error when installing SQL 2008 R2 Express Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, November 7, 2013 10:29 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, December 14, 2014 7:49 AM
I've got a SQL script to create a database and populate it with the necessary tables, views and stored procedures. I've also added what I thought would be the necessary SQL code to create 2 new logins. But whenever I run this on a machine, I always get this error (I'll show just one error, but it's the same for the other login):

'intake' is not a valid login or you do not have permission.

Now, as it so happens, I always create these installations with the logged in user having administrator rights on that instance of SQL 2008 R2 Express, so I don't believe they don't have enough permissions. I'm doing this on Windows 7 Professional machines.

I'm beginning to wonder, would I be better off writing a SQL script to create the 2 logins, run that first, and then run the SQL script to create the database?

Kindest Regards,

Rod
Connect with me on LinkedIn.
Post #1512372
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse