Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

What CodePage to use for UTF-8 Expand / Collapse
Author
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 11, 2014 11:23 AM
I have a SSIS package, loading a file that is UTF-8. It is erroring out about there being cha's in the file that are not found in CodePage 1252. What do I set the CodePage to for UTF-8?

Post #1510738
Posted Friday, November 1, 2013 1:30 PM
Old Hand

Just figured out that Data Flow Path Editor is not the place to make the change... Source Connection is.. then I have to do a data conversion, thank god for the wheel on the mouse... selecting from a drop down (50 times) gets to be a real drag.
Post #1510788
Posted Friday, November 1, 2013 1:31 PM
Old Hand

My data conversion is giving... Error at Data Flow Processing Data, conversion from DT_STR with code 65001 to DT_STR with code page 1252 is not supported... so just how do I get the bloody data to load?
Post #1510789
Posted Monday, November 4, 2013 4:46 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 2:15 AM
dwilliscp (11/1/2013)
My data conversion is giving... Error at Data Flow Processing Data, conversion from DT_STR with code 65001 to DT_STR with code page 1252 is not supported... so just how do I get the bloody data to load?

Use Unicode from start to finish?

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)
Post #1511051
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse