Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Find out who created and updated a job Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 7:09 AM
Dear All,

I wanted to find out who created and also updated a particular job, I have tried to run the following script but I wanted to know if there are other ways please?

SELECT l.[name] AS 'OwnerName', *
FROM MSDB.dbo.sysjobs j INNER JOIN Master.dbo.syslogins l ON j.owner_sid = l.sid ORDER BY j.[name]
GO

Thank you in advance!
Post #1509260
Posted Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:55 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 9:50 AM
If you don't have any logging and auditing set up on your server, you may be out of luck. You could try the default trace, if it goes back far enough.

John
Post #1509265
Posted Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:58 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 7:09 AM
Thank you for your help, I will have to create a trigger as I don't have any audit on the jobs.
Post #1509444
Posted Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:16 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 9:50 AM
I don't recommend using triggers. By the time you've thought of everything you want to audit, you'll have so many triggers that you won't know how to manage them all. You can build your own solution using Service Broker or any of several other technologies built into the SQL Server platform. If you don't want to do that, there are several third party tools that will handle it all for you.

John
Post #1509453
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse