Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

PLease suggest index for this table Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:13 AM

Thanks guys all your input. Tuning of query is given to me in the morning, i have no idea about the query and database involved. Thank fully i went for Database Tuning Adviser for right indexes. DTV suggested some NON CLUSTERED INDEXES and STATISTICS. I took these and applied. It worked for me. Now queries are bit faster .
Post #1508409
Posted Friday, October 25, 2013 5:52 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 18, 2014 12:52 PM
Smash125 (10/25/2013)

Thanks guys all your input. Tuning of query is given to me in the morning, i have no idea about the query and database involved. Thank fully i went for Database Tuning Adviser for right indexes. DTV suggested some NON CLUSTERED INDEXES and STATISTICS. I took these and applied. It worked for me. Now queries are bit faster .

There are still quite some flaws in the design that might need to be addressed.
The Database Tuning Advisor is also not the most optimal tool there is to find. It's possible the indexes are useful for the one query, but they are useless for other queries.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1508420
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse