Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Replication - How to tell if transaction has been applied to a subscriber Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 5:32 AM
Hi SSC,

How can you tell that a transaction has been applied to a subscriber via the distribution database? I don't see a flag in any of these tables which are joined by various fields...

MSrepl_transactions
MSrepl_commands
MSdistribution_history

Thanks,
AmarettoSlim
Post #1502838
Posted Tuesday, October 8, 2013 3:33 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 5:32 AM
I found the answer to my own question. For others wondering, connect to the subscriber and run the following:

USE <subscriber_db>
GO

SELECT publisher,publication, distribution_agent,transaction_timestamp
FROM dbo.MSreplication_subscriptions

The transaction_timestamp value contains the Log Sequence Number (LSN) for the last transaction applied by replication. Multiple rows per publication indicates parallel distribution streams (a non default setting)

Thanks!
Post #1502846
Posted Monday, October 21, 2013 1:56 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Monday, November 17, 2014 7:45 AM
The replication Monitor also helps. Rightclick your pubication and select Launch Replication Monitor.
Post #1506571
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse