Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

The 2013 SQL in the City Tour Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:13 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item The 2013 SQL in the City Tour

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1502454
Posted Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:04 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
Hi Steve, I'm looking forward to seeing you this Friday's event here in Atlanta.
Post #1502564
Posted Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:47 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Monday, June 23, 2014 12:45 PM
Any chance your "tour" could come to Portland, Maine sometime?

We have a number of active user groups.

Please feel free to contact me at mikelcarey@hotmail.com,
or at michael.carey@acadia_ins.com

Thanks, Mike
Post #1502583
Posted Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:08 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:01 PM
At my review, we had a conversation about making communication great. I told my boss that that bar was too high for routine phone calls. Obviously that isn't the case for a keynote. How do you separate when communication needs to be great (and practiced) versus just effective?
Post #1502593
Posted Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:34 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 2:46 PM
I hope you have a safe trip around the country, and get time to enjoy some recreation along the way!

I don't know how attendance is, but if you could target smaller cities I think that would benefit people who never have an opportunity. Instead of Chicago, somewhere like Hammond, IN or Champaign, IL. Maybe Peoria or Springfield as well. I know you are limited in how many locations you can visit. Personally, I think a lot of people in these locations aren't able to travel due to cuts in spending. Shouldering the cost for a hotel yourself can be prohibitive in Chicago!

Of course if attendance is small, this suggestion might make it worse.

Either way, thanks for providing the opportunity.

Dave
Post #1502609
Posted Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:48 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Eric M Russell (10/8/2013)
Hi Steve, I'm looking forward to seeing you this Friday's event here in Atlanta.

See you Friday. Be sure to introduce yourself

Post #1502615
Posted Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:51 AM

SSC-Dedicated

Mike Carey-249880 (10/8/2013)
Any chance your "tour" could come to Portland, Maine sometime?

We have a number of active user groups.

Please feel free to contact me at mikelcarey@hotmail.com,
or at michael.carey@acadia_ins.com

Thanks, Mike

You having a SQL Saturday? We are doing one of our seminar events at the other Portland in November.

Post #1502616
Posted Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:52 AM

SSC-Dedicated

djackson 22568 (10/8/2013)
I hope you have a safe trip around the country, and get time to enjoy some recreation along the way!

I don't know how attendance is, but if you could target smaller cities I think that would benefit people who never have an opportunity. Instead of Chicago, somewhere like Hammond, IN or Champaign, IL. Maybe Peoria or Springfield as well. I know you are limited in how many locations you can visit. Personally, I think a lot of people in these locations aren't able to travel due to cuts in spending. Shouldering the cost for a hotel yourself can be prohibitive in Chicago!

Of course if attendance is small, this suggestion might make it worse.

Either way, thanks for providing the opportunity.

Thanks, Dave.

I like the smaller city idea. I'll make a note for 2014 planning

Post #1502618
Posted Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:53 AM

SSC-Dedicated

Robert.Sterbal (10/8/2013)
At my review, we had a conversation about making communication great. I told my boss that that bar was too high for routine phone calls. Obviously that isn't the case for a keynote. How do you separate when communication needs to be great (and practiced) versus just effective?

Not completely sure what you mean. Perhaps a separate thread would be good to discuss communication

Post #1502620
Posted Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:11 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 2:46 PM
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/8/2013)
Robert.Sterbal (10/8/2013)

Not completely sure what you mean. Perhaps a separate thread would be good to discuss communication

I like that idea. Where I work, communication is our worst skill. Some do a great job, some do OK, others seem to not even try or they just don't understand when or what needs to be shared. I would love to see a topic that offered suggestions on how to improve:

Overall communication
Understanding what to communicate
Understanding when to communicate
Understanding who to communicate to

Dave
Post #1502675
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse