Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Drill Through from ssas to ssrs Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:28 AM
Hi, I tried ReportAction in SSAS and tried to drillthrough to a ssrs report. But my question is how can users use cube in frontend? do we need to create a report with that cube and publish to ReportServer? Or there any way where I can drill through from a summary report to drill through report where summary report has lot of parameters and only one dimension and 2 measures. We need to pass the parameters which we select in summary report to detail Report.

Any help is appreciated.
Post #1502116
Posted Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:51 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:28 AM
You can create Actions in the SSRS report for this feature.

http://www.katieandemil.com/ssrs-action-go-to-report-with-parameters-drill-down-example

Regards/Raunak
Now a member of Linkedin

Please visit the all new Performance Point Forum
Please visit the all new Data Mining and Business Analytics Forum
Post #1504618
Posted Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:28 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 2:25 PM
aravula1 (10/7/2013)
Hi, I tried ReportAction in SSAS and tried to drillthrough to a ssrs report. But my question is how can users use cube in frontend? do we need to create a report with that cube and publish to ReportServer? Or there any way where I can drill through from a summary report to drill through report where summary report has lot of parameters and only one dimension and 2 measures. We need to pass the parameters which we select in summary report to detail Report.

Any help is appreciated.

You can either build a report action in SSAS like Raunak mentioned, which means the front end is Excel. In the Excel PivotTable, you can right-click on a cell and choose the appropriate action.

Create a Reporting Action, using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2012 Cube Designer

Or you do everything in SSRS: you build the parent report, and you create a drillthrough to a child report in which you pass parameters along to the child report.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1504647
Posted Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:31 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:28 AM
Thank you for your replies. I created master and detail reports in ssrs using ssas cube as datasource and passed the parameters. It is working after a lot of struggle.
Post #1505303
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse