Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

MS clustering without WFCS Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, September 9, 2013 10:04 AM
SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, December 1, 2014 11:39 AM
Any one aware or used this tool DXconsole for setting MS Clustering on VMs or physical box. This is a low cost approach .

http://dh2i.com/
Post #1492850
Posted Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:30 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 10:21 AM

Unless your post means you are hoping to actually use Microsoft Windows Clustering somehow, I think we are doing what you are asking about. We are using all physical machines. We get along fine with DxConsole, but had a lot of experience with PolyServe to build on. DxConsole has several enhancements that make it easier to live with.
Post #1493925
Posted Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:54 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:39 PM
We started using DH2i in July and so far so good. It is easy to use and the support people helped us out ALOT. Cheaper than SQL enterprise. We did the trial version first that is where I would start. Good Luck
Post #1493932
Posted Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:09 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:04 AM
We used the DxConsole product from DH2i to migrate from our legacy Polyserve cluster. We have around 100 instances and 200 databases. The migration went very smoothly. Like the previous reply, the support staff and sales team were great and helped ease our transition to a new product. Thus far, we are very happy with our decision and look forward to the new enhancements coming in future releases.
Post #1497959
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse