Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSIS package last date/ time run Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, September 04, 2013 8:21 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:30 AM
Hi,

How to find date/time last SSIS packgae ran.

Please let me know if you need any other details ..

Thanks In Advance,

-Krishna
Post #1491332
Posted Thursday, September 05, 2013 2:55 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Monday, April 07, 2014 10:43 AM
You won't find that information in the package itself. If you have logging set up on the package, the logging information will give you that information. If you're using the SQL Server Agent to execute the package, you'll find the execution information in the Agent log (although it's still possible that the package could still have been executed outside of SQL Server Agent).

If you're using SSIS 2012 in catalog deployment mode, you can check the SSIS catalog tables for execution information.

Tim Mitchell, SQL Server MVP
Independent Business Intelligence Consultant
www.TimMitchell.net
@Tim_Mitchell

Post #1491956
Posted Thursday, September 05, 2013 2:59 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 3:27 PM
Tim Mitchell (9/5/2013)
You won't find that information in the package itself. If you have logging set up on the package, the logging information will give you that information. If you're using the SQL Server Agent to execute the package, you'll find the execution information in the Agent log (although it's still possible that the package could still have been executed outside of SQL Server Agent).

If you're using SSIS 2012 in catalog deployment mode, you can check the SSIS catalog tables for execution information.

And if you really want to be thorough, you can combine all three!

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1491959
Posted Friday, September 06, 2013 2:32 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:30 AM
Thank you for your reply...

-krishna
Post #1492083
Posted Monday, September 09, 2013 12:39 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 1:50 PM
Koen Verbeeck (9/5/2013)
Tim Mitchell (9/5/2013)

And if you really want to be thorough, you can combine all three!

It sounds over the top, but I do quite often check all three!

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1492667
Posted Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:30 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 11:21 AM
We like to have that info right in the warehouse table and I have a morning job that checks for stale data and alerts us. Pkgs can run successfully yet not refresh the data so we prefer the data to tell us last successful run.

I have a variable in each package that I set to GetDate() , then assign that variable to a field to output with the data.

This has eliminated all guesswork on the part of the users - we show last refresh date on charts in the dashboard so they know As Of immediately. They can always ask for an update if it's not new enough for their purposes but this heads off the "I was looking for a special case I was investigating, but don't see it here ..." tickets.

Wasn't quite sure of your purpose so put it out there in case you aren't asking "for you".
Post #1493901
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse