Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL Server 2012 Merge Replication - Delete operations on Merge Tables now require ALTER TRACE permisson due to Extended Stored Proceedure call... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:43 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 11:37 PM
Hi All,

In reference to http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/29141/why-do-replication-deletes-require-sysadmin-access

I have the same issue as reported in the above link. The immediate issue has been bypassed in that I have granted ALTER TRACE permission to the main Applications account that does DELETE operations on the tables in question but in all honesty I don't want to grant that access just to bypass the error.

Msg 8189, Level 14, State 10, Procedure sp_repl_generateevent, Line 1
You do not have permission to run 'SP_TRACE_GENERATEEVENT'.
Has anyone else ran into this and come up with a better solution other than biting the bullet and giving all accounts that run DELETE operations on the merge Tables ALTER TRACE permission?

I could try some impersonation within the Replication Triggers to overcome this but of course if the replication is recreated then i would need to manually administrate the trigger code to manage the impersonation so that doesn't seem that practical to me.

Does this mean that its now a requirement for all accounts that run delete operations on Merge replication Tables to have Alter Trace Permission? o.O

Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mattmc
Post #1489493
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse