Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

DBCC CheckDB ('MYDB') WITH NO_INFOMSGS, ALL_ERRORMSGS aborted Expand / Collapse
Author

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
Now I think I understand...

I see the datetimestamps are completely different...so it's basically reading it from the last known outcome of the prior CHECKDB that was successful.

I always thought it was bizarre how this "CHECKDB" ran so fast on startup, while the actual one you run can take hours - makes much more sense now - Again, thank-you for your patience!

Post #1488118
Posted Saturday, August 24, 2013 7:50 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:28 PM
MyDoggieJessie (8/24/2013)
so it's basically reading it from the last known outcome of the prior CHECKDB that was successful.

Correct. It's printing out the date and time last known good CheckDB run. In the case of the one I listed, I haven't run a CheckDB on that database in a year (it is a test database)

That info is stored in the database's boot page and printed out whenever SQL brings the DB online (service start, restore, attach, set online)

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1488122
Posted Monday, August 26, 2013 8:55 PM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
Just in case you were curious, all databases were restored successfully without losing any data - it took 14 hours to get them all back and to verify them with CHECKDB's - but in the end, it went smoothly.

Post #1488530
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse