Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

SSIS 2012 -SSISDB Expand / Collapse
Author

SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, July 24, 2014 1:22 PM
Nice Question! -1

Best,
Naseer Ahmad
SQL Server DBA
Post #1483823
Posted Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:30 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:34 AM
I learned something with this question but had to do some extra interpretation to get the intended answers. I think it would have been better had the author avoided the word "should" and possibly changed those other answer choices to use "must" (as in, a folder must have one or more projects). This would have made some of the answer choices more exclusive in my opinion.

The word "should", to me, implies an opinion and for a QoTD would usually be used more in a best practices scenario such as "Backups should be taken and tested on a regular basis" or something to that effect. Backups certainly do not need to be taken but I think everyone would agree that they should be taken. I only bring this up in the event that this wording was chosen due to a language barrier more so than as an attempt at tricking the readers.
Post #1483859
Posted Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:08 PM

SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Last Login: Today @ 4:45 AM
batgirl (8/13/2013)
I fully appreciate the efforts of the author - the bottom line is that this question forced me to learn something new. I just wish it were possible to eliminate the "fuzzy" answer choices here. In the grand scheme of things, I think some of these choices are important to know and others are less so. Ultimately it feels like an attempt to trick....

I think it's far more likely to be a language issue that an attempt to trick.

Probably if I had seen the author's name before looking at the question I would have said to myself "Aha, there may be some Indian English here" and watched out for things like "should" having a different meaning; Indian English and Scottish English (the best English ) are not the same, any more than American English and Scottish English are, or Australian English and American English.

Tom
Post #1483920
Posted Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:20 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Today @ 6:09 AM
L' Eomot Inversé (8/13/2013)
batgirl (8/13/2013)
I fully appreciate the efforts of the author - the bottom line is that this question forced me to learn something new. I just wish it were possible to eliminate the "fuzzy" answer choices here. In the grand scheme of things, I think some of these choices are important to know and others are less so. Ultimately it feels like an attempt to trick....

I think it's far more likely to be a language issue that an attempt to trick.

Probably if I had seen the author's name before looking at the question I would have said to myself "Aha, there may be some Indian English here" and watched out for things like "should" having a different meaning; Indian English and Scottish English (the best English ) are not the same, any more than American English and Scottish English are, or Australian English and American English.

I agree that it wasn't likely a deliberate attempt to trick me...it just take so little some days
Post #1483926
Posted Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:56 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:37 PM
I had to dig a bit to figure this one out. Thanks for the opportunity

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden
Hidden RBAR - Jeff Moden
VLFs and the Tran Log - Kimberly Tripp
Post #1487036
Posted Monday, August 26, 2013 1:14 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Monday, July 21, 2014 6:24 AM
Thanks to this question, I dig through some information into SSIS 2012 and was able to answer the correct opetions. I am a beginner in SSIS 2008.
Post #1488300
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse