Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

SSIS 2012 -SSISDB Expand / Collapse
Author

SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, July 10, 2014 8:51 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item SSIS 2012 -SSISDB

Pramod
SQL Server DBA | MCSA SQL Server 2012

in.linkedin.com/in/pramodsingla/
http://pramodsingla.wordpress.com/
Post #1483563
Posted Monday, August 12, 2013 11:52 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:20 PM
Easy one thanks!

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1483565
Posted Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:15 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Today @ 7:06 AM
Interesting question, thanks.

Post #1483602
Posted Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:40 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 10:43 AM
Silly semantics....

Being able to have only one catalog is still technically having one or more catalogs :)
Post #1483698
Posted Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:40 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Friday, July 11, 2014 11:00 AM
I don't even have 2012 installed yet, so I did some research, and found:

"A folder contains one or more projects and environments in the SSISDB catalog."

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh479588.aspx

but the answer to the QOTD says zero.

so who is right?
Post #1483735
Posted Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:50 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:35 AM
TaylorMade (8/13/2013)

"A folder contains one or more projects and environments in the SSISDB catalog."

so who is right?

You have to create the folder before you can push a project to it. When you create the folder it has zero projects in it, and if you create a few folders at the start, they can still exist with zero projects in them.

--Mark Tassin
MCITP - SQL Server DBA
Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
For help with Performance click this link
For tips on how to post your problems
Post #1483740
Posted Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:20 AM

SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:53 PM
mtassin (8/13/2013)
TaylorMade (8/13/2013)

so who is right?

You have to create the folder before you can push a project to it. When you create the folder it has zero projects in it, and if you create a few folders at the start, they can still exist with zero projects in them.

What does the word "should" mean? It doesn't mean the same as "can", that's for sure. Could the use of "should" with "one or more" versus the use of "can" with zero or more" be an attempt to produce a nasty trick question? If not, why are the two words used? Does the author think "should" means "must always"?

Both "a folder should contain one or more..." and "a folder can contain zero or more..." are correct - the whole point of a folder is to contain projects and environments, so it should contain a project; but they don't have to contain one all the time, that would make creation too complex, which is why "should".
The same applies to "catalog should have one or more folder" and "catalog can have one or more folders": both are correct.

I got this one wrong because I picked the wrong selection from each of the two both correct pairs. I suspect that's because of a language difference.

Tom
Post #1483761
Posted Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:39 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Today @ 8:40 AM
L' Eomot Inversé (8/13/2013)
mtassin (8/13/2013)
TaylorMade (8/13/2013)

so who is right?

What does the word "should" mean? It doesn't mean the same as "can", that's for sure. Could the use of "should" with "one or more" versus the use of "can" with zero or more" be an attempt to produce a nasty trick question? If not, why are the two words used? Does the author think "should" means "must always"?

Both "a folder should contain one or more..." and "a folder can contain zero or more..." are correct - the whole point of a folder is to contain projects and environments, so it should contain a project; but they don't have to contain one all the time, that would make creation too complex, which is why "should".
The same applies to "catalog should have one or more folder" and "catalog can have one or more folders": both are correct.

I got this one wrong because I picked the wrong selection from each of the two both correct pairs. I suspect that's because of a language difference.

I fully appreciate the efforts of the author - the bottom line is that this question forced me to learn something new. I just wish it were possible to eliminate the "fuzzy" answer choices here. In the grand scheme of things, I think some of these choices are important to know and others are less so. Ultimately it feels like an attempt to trick....
Post #1483776
Posted Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:39 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Friday, August 16, 2013 11:37 AM
dhober (8/13/2013)
Silly semantics....

Being able to have only one catalog is still technically having one or more catalogs :)

That kind of thinking can get you into a lot of trouble. Just imagine that thinking on Regex...
Post #1483777
Posted Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:57 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:24 AM
cschlieve (8/13/2013)
dhober (8/13/2013)
Silly semantics....

That kind of thinking can get you into a lot of trouble. Just imagine that thinking on Regex...

+1
Post #1483788
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse