Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««12345

Running out of workers Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, May 2, 2014 6:15 AM
Erland:
Thank you, I will use your replacement in the query.
and now that you ask, that query may be from the Activity Monitor. I do know that one day I did capture a query that I think was from the connection for the Activity Monitor.

Post #1506664
Posted Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:07 PM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:20 PM
I've made some research and the query does indeed come from Activity Monitor. Furthermore, the query is the same in SQL 2012 SP1. And for that matter, SQL 2014 CTP2.

I found a Connect item from 2009, https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/496162/duplicated-lines-in-ssms-2008-r2-activity-monitor, that reported the problem. However, it was closed as Won't Fix. It was not a priority...

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, www.sommarskog.se
Post #1507383
Posted Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:52 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, May 2, 2014 6:15 AM
Erland ... I so appreciate that you have kept with this issue!
Personally I think that for them to knowingly continue to use a query that is incorrect is pathetic.

Many of us are doing our best to learn how to properly manage systems for our employers. We should be able to depend on the product owners to correct mistakes when discovered. You would think at the minimum they would have corrected it in the newer versions.

I put your fix into the version of the script that I now use.

Thank you.

Post #1507592
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««12345

Permissions Expand / Collapse