Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 123»»»

The School Year Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 4:16 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item The School Year

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1480227
Posted Thursday, August 1, 2013 10:06 PM

Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, November 7, 2014 9:57 PM
Guitar. This season I hope to learn something outside the world of keys and indices. I've always found learning that doesn't seem to relate to work to unclog those neural pathways that work is trying to use, while giving me a glimpse of how things out in the real world interact.
Post #1480242
Posted Friday, August 2, 2013 4:51 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Today @ 9:51 AM
More on Big Data and Big Data Analytics.

Maybe some SharePoint development.
Post #1480333
Posted Friday, August 2, 2013 5:57 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Today @ 5:50 AM
In view of the coming big data/data analytics wave, I'm working my way through a book on calculus. I took an online Statistics class sponsored by Univ of Toronto there earlier this year and it was very well done (Jeff Rosenthal, author of "Struck by Lightning", was one of the instructors). I'm also scheduled for a programming class through Coursera starting later this month.

They have quite a few courses geared toward programming, databases and IT. Worth checking out, especially since it is 100% free.

Post #1480344
Posted Friday, August 2, 2013 6:11 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Today @ 10:23 AM
Learning is a lifelong process. One should always be learning on the job. If you're not, you're doing a disservice to your employer.

I'm taking up the trumpet again. I'm going to be delving into the jazz world. That will entail lots of new learning. I have a mentor who will assist me. With only a few years left before retirement, I hope to have enough chops to do it full time and maybe make a few bucks in the process.

Not only will I be mentored, I will be mentoring. A young person who wants to know more about I.T. than he can learn in school wants to know more. I'm sure I will learn something there, too.

Tom
Post #1480349
Posted Friday, August 2, 2013 6:11 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:45 AM
I'm currently pursuing an MBA. But the rough part of it is the summer class I'm taking right now. Hopefully I get a little more breathing room when fall term begins.

The opinions expressed herein are strictly personal and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of my employer.
Post #1480350
Posted Friday, August 2, 2013 6:21 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, March 27, 2014 9:49 AM
I'm looking at Office 365; it's time to start training for what (I hope) will be my next job. Hello, services- goodbye, support!
Post #1480352
Posted Friday, August 2, 2013 6:39 AM

UDP Broadcaster

UDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP Broadcaster

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:28 PM
I definitely learn something new every day just hanging out here at SSC.com
Post #1480360
Posted Friday, August 2, 2013 6:52 AM
Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Friday, November 21, 2014 6:04 AM
I'm delving deeper into the OSS and public data world: Python, pandas, PostgreSQL...
Post #1480362
Posted Friday, August 2, 2013 6:59 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:13 AM
I'll continue with photography as a outlet to C# programming. I am in a very small minority in the local camera club since I'm the only one that hasn't gone digital. I also want to improve my golf photography skills, which is nonexistent, since I'll be attending Monday's practice round of The Masters next April.
Post #1480366
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 123»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse