Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

pls help: how to backfill the data since some day Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:44 PM
hello,

I am very new to SSIS. I just want write a IS package that can integrate the data from source since the date in the destination table. For example, if the latest data date is today-9, then it will integrate the data from today-9 from source table to the destination. What should I do, please guide me in detail steps. I had figured out a data flow task that can integrate all data from OLE source to dest.

thanks

Liu
Post #1478329
Posted Monday, July 29, 2013 6:52 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Thursday, July 24, 2014 8:41 AM
I can think of two approaches.

First come up with a process to test the target for the last date loaded and then use that information to query the source appropriately.

Second build a logging mechanism that records the date(s) used in the last run. Then use that information to adjust your date (range) for the next load. Personally I like the logging approach for a variety of reasons.
--Only one or two rows to query to get your date range instead of an entire table.
--Logging can be useful for a lot of things outside of determining the next date range to use. Audits, results reporting, etc.
Post #1478560
Posted Monday, July 29, 2013 7:04 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 7:06 AM
There's a great answer in this thread:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/6c7a482a-59fc-4cc8-b8cf-fc02e7c79174/pls-help-how-to-backfill-the-data-since-some-day

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1478566
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse