Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.
 
Log in  ::  Register  ::  Not logged in
 
 
 
        
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On


Add to briefcase

SQL Server available memory during load test Expand / Collapse
Author
Message
Posted Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:00 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:17 AM
Points: 70, Visits: 102
On a Database server, Buffer pool is configured to utilize 80% of RAM and remaining 20% is for OS.

At the end of Normal load test on the application, database server shows available memory of around 50% on the server.

However, when application Peak load test is carried out, it starts with available memory of less than 10% on the DB server and then goes down till 7%. And no connections are made to SQL server during this time apart from the peak load test.

Is this acceptable behavior? Can we have available memory going down until 7% when memory allocated to OS is 20%?
Post #1475019
Posted Friday, July 19, 2013 6:52 AM


Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 6:08 AM
Points: 514, Visits: 1,735
what are the specs of this server? is it 32 bit or 64 bit? how much memory does the server have?

you give a 80 / 20 settings. so are you saying for example if you have 4 GB of RAM, you gave SQL 3.2 GB?

Post #1475442
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse