Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12345»»»

previous week query 0700 - 0700 Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 1:43 AM
What's returned from this, Jerome?

SELECT * 
FROM dbo.DocketTB
WHERE Docket_EngFinish BETWEEN '20130708' AND '20131508'

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden
Exploring Recursive CTEs by Example Dwain Camps
Post #1474985
Posted Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:38 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 3:01 AM
The conversion of a varchar data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value.
Post #1475004
Posted Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:43 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

jerome.morris (7/18/2013)
The conversion of a varchar data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value.

Oops sorry my mistake:

SELECT * 
FROM dbo.DocketTB
WHERE Docket_EngFinish BETWEEN '20130708' AND '20130715'

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden
Post #1475007
Posted Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:50 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Hi Chris that returns data within them dates.

Thanks
Post #1475012
Posted Friday, July 19, 2013 1:24 AM

SSCertifiable

jerome.morris (7/18/2013)
Hi Chris that returns data within them dates.

Thanks

Time to put this one to bed. Can you post up the results of this batch please?

DECLARE @RangeStart DATETIME, @RangeEnd DATETIME

SELECT
@RangeStart = x1.MondayLastWeek,
@RangeEnd = DATEADD(DD,7,x1.MondayLastWeek)
FROM (
SELECT MondayLastWeek = DATEADD(hh,7,CAST(CAST(DATEADD(DD,-((DATEDIFF(DD,0,GETDATE())%7)+7),GETDATE()) AS DATE) AS DATETIME))
) x1

SELECT @RangeStart, @RangeEnd

SELECT *
FROM dbo.DocketTB
WHERE Docket_EngFinish BETWEEN @RangeStart AND @RangeEnd

SELECT *
FROM dbo.DocketTB
CROSS APPLY (
SELECT MondayLastWeek = DATEADD(hh,7,CAST(CAST(DATEADD(DD,-((DATEDIFF(DD,0,GETDATE())%7)+7),GETDATE()) AS DATE) AS DATETIME))
) x1
WHERE Docket_EngFinish BETWEEN x1.MondayLastWeek AND DATEADD(DD,7,x1.MondayLastWeek)

Post #1475299
Posted Friday, July 19, 2013 3:25 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Hi Chris, just before we go any further. I am calling this query from my c# app, so the program checks the day @0700 and if its Monday that's when this query will execute, wouldn't it be easier to say enddate between 168hrs, if you understand

Jay
Post #1475331
Posted Friday, July 19, 2013 3:42 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

(No column name) (No column name)
2013-07-08 07:00:00.000 2013-07-15 07:00:00.000

the rest of the data is empty

Jay
Post #1475334
Posted Friday, July 19, 2013 3:51 AM

SSCertifiable

How are you executing this test batch, Jay? Are you using SSMS?

Post #1475337
Posted Friday, July 19, 2013 3:52 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Hi Chris is I get the curent week number from my app then pass to sql along the way off

Select * from dbo.DocketTB Where DatePart(Week,Docket_EngFinish ) = @weeknum

can you see any issues?
Post #1475338
Posted Friday, July 19, 2013 3:54 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

I am using a dataset within my c# app to fill a report then export to excel and email at the given time, so I pass the command to the server via my dataset.
Post #1475339
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12345»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse