Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Automate Editng of SSIS packages in XML Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, July 8, 2013 7:24 AM
Hi All,

I am searching for some help on editing the SSIS packages as XML files, Here is the scenario, I have around 50 packages(All the packages use OLEDB connections and has servername and Database name properties) now I need to modify the connection properties of these oledb connections like change the Connection name and have to add connection string property to it, with out opening the packages in SSIS I want to automate the process of changing these using a script task in SSIS or Command files. What is the best way to do it.

Appreciate your help.
Post #1470986
Posted Sunday, July 7, 2013 3:18 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 1:28 PM
Are we talking about package configurations?

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1470993
Posted Sunday, July 7, 2013 8:08 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, July 8, 2013 7:24 AM
Hi Koen,
It is not about package configurations, This is only for one time use on the same env , I want to change all the packages permanently in single shot using a script such that the properties of the connection should change
Post #1471016
Posted Sunday, July 7, 2013 10:49 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 9:39 AM
I think you'll need to write some code. Here is a starter - you'll have to expand on it to get it doing what you want.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1471035
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse