Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

SSIS error when configuring data flow task with .xls file Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, August 11, 2014 8:55 PM
JoshuaT,

You can refer below link on how to convert spreadsheet to new format.. This script will go in script task.

http://blog.quasarinc.com/ssis/save-as-a-new-excel-file-in-ssis-2012-script-task-using-visual-basic/

You can use variable to read the file name and check if filename has extension as .xls then execute above script task else skip this script task..

Post #1471449
Posted Tuesday, July 9, 2013 6:24 AM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Friday, November 14, 2014 10:55 AM
I would recomend a reinstall or install of the SSDT for VS 2010 at this point. Also is this the server or your development system that this is occuring on?
Either way try to update or install MDAC on each one.

Once everything is confirmed patched and running at the latest releases and it still does not work look into this.

KB933835 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933835

The SQL Server Agent Service account, account used by SSIS runtime, and your logon each use a different Temp directory when you are logged into and executing SSIS directly on the server. The actual directory used is located under C:\Documents and Settings\AccountName\Local Settings\Temp. Once the SSIS package execution Proxy account is granted read and write access to this directory the package should start acting better.

If you still have the issue there is a bug specific to SQL 2008 that is listed here. If you have not installed this fix try it.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933835

Technet.microsoft.com and msdn.microsoft.com are full of good information on this error if you search. Be sure to try limiting your search to just items in the Library and knowledge base before trying the items posted to the social links.
Good Luck
Post #1471577
Posted Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:34 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Friday, July 11, 2014 6:30 AM
I want to first thank everyone for your time and assistance. I really appreciate it!

I recreated my package and .xls file and in doing so I found that my file even though had a .xls extension and opened in excel without any issues was actually formatted as a .csv. This was the cause for the table format error. Once I saved the file in excel as .xls, the error was resolved. Unfortunately the application that provides the file does not truly deliver a .xls but merely alters the extension from .csv to .xls.
Post #1472183
Posted Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:39 AM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Friday, November 14, 2014 10:55 AM
JoshuaT (7/10/2013)
I want to first thank everyone for your time and assistance. I really appreciate it!

I recreated my package and .xls file and in doing so I found that my file even though had a .xls extension and opened in excel without any issues was actually formatted as a .csv. This was the cause for the table format error. Once I saved the file in excel as .xls, the error was resolved. Unfortunately the application that provides the file does not truly deliver a .xls but merely alters the extension from .csv to .xls.

I have had that issue before.
Why I recomended deleting and recreating your source file.
I had forgot about this behavior but the new versions of EXCEL open files with extension of xls as a speardsheet if it can interpet the data into a set of field and row.
Post #1472185
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse