Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL Agent Starting........... Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 10:04 AM
I notice that my jobs aren't running now, when I look at Enterprise Manager -> Process Info under the column command it says "EXCUTE" (12 of them have this) but two of them has "Killed/Rollback". Stopping and starting the Agent doesn't help. I believe the two jobs which has "killed/rollback" is holding everything up. How can I get it so that the hourly and normal schedule jobs will run ? Do I need to stop and start SQL Server and not just the Agent?
Post #1469728
Posted Wednesday, July 3, 2013 2:50 AM
Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Monday, November 24, 2014 3:46 AM
Run sp_who2, look in the blkby column and find the process that is at the start of a block chain. Identify its SPID. Then you can run "kill <SPID>" to kill the blocking transaction to see if that allows all others to execute.

Joie Andrew
"Since 1982"
Post #1469916
Posted Wednesday, July 3, 2013 8:09 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 10:04 AM
There are no block processes, however there are some jobs that shows the status is RUNNABLE with the commad EXECUTE AND A CPUTime & DiskIO But the DISKIO & CPUTime is not moving or hasn't for the last day or so. By the way I'm on SP4.
Post #1470074
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse