Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««7891011»»»

A New Look Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:25 AM
I like having the editorial first - that's what I want to read every day. Much easier to read this format on my bbr as well.
Post #1470048
Posted Wednesday, July 3, 2013 7:34 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, August 4, 2014 8:04 AM
Absolutely hate having the editorial first.
Why so much space around everything.
-10 from me.
Post #1470051
Posted Wednesday, July 3, 2013 10:13 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 7:36 AM
To be direct, I can't stand the new format!! Way too much wasted space. If this was done for "mobile-friendly" formatting, give users the ability to specify what format they wish to receive. If it was done for any other reason - well, it was a dumb reason.

There are lots of other good suggestions here too, but the narrow format feedback seems to be overwhelmingly negative. Please avail yourself of them and get things fixed up pronto!!

Best,

Kevin G. Boles
SQL Server Consultant
SQL MVP 2007-2012
TheSQLGuru at GMail
Post #1470149
Posted Wednesday, July 3, 2013 10:36 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Thursday, August 7, 2014 8:44 AM
I agree with many other posters, it's too narrow and I have to scroll too much.

I would also recommend not following design guidelines laid out by Microsoft, there's not been much love for the Windows 8 tile effect or the Visual Studio colour scheme revamp. Clicking into the link you provided to the MS website adds further weight to that. Who would want to work in an environment where everyone is put into their respective shoebox, kept away from anyone else? To me, working there would be awful as you might as well be working from home.
Post #1470159
Posted Wednesday, July 3, 2013 10:59 AM

SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Last Login: Today @ 9:14 AM
TheSQLGuru (7/3/2013)
To be direct, I can't stand the new format!! Way too much wasted space. If this was done for "mobile-friendly" formatting, give users the ability to specify what format they wish to receive. If it was done for any other reason - well, it was a dumb reason.

I won't go so far as to say I can't stand it, but I do feel the new format is greatly inferior to the old format.

There are lots of other good suggestions here too, but the narrow format feedback seems to be overwhelmingly negative. Please avail yourself of them and get things fixed up pronto!!

The narrow format is very annoying. Variable width is surely the way to go.

Tom
Post #1470166
Posted Wednesday, July 3, 2013 12:14 PM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Today @ 9:28 AM
florian.bartl (7/2/2013)
New design looks good.
However when it comes to modernizing it, I would remove the "Question of the Day". I see no gain in it.

I love the question of the day. Good chance to test knowledge and possibly learn something. Please don't remove it.
Post #1470190
Posted Wednesday, July 3, 2013 2:11 PM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Friday, August 15, 2014 2:08 PM
The new format is not a step in the right direction. Too much scrolling...Hopefully we don't have to wait 8 months for the dot one release of the fixes.

Otherwise the rest of the site remains one of the best programming resources anywhere. I learn a ton from the QotD and the follow up discussions.

Anton

Post #1470222
Posted Wednesday, July 3, 2013 2:14 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Sunday, May 25, 2014 2:35 PM
Hi, the narrow format just doesn't work for me. It feels squashed with too much empty space on either side of the page. I far prefer the previous look.
Post #1470224
Posted Wednesday, July 3, 2013 4:39 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:08 AM
I agree. I do like the "look", but would rather have the summaries back at the top.
Post #1470263
Posted Wednesday, July 3, 2013 9:06 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Sunday, July 20, 2014 9:25 PM
Nice look and feel. Definitely will be reading from the mobile now.

Like others, fix the white space and put the summaries first.
Post #1470290
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««7891011»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse