Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL agent job fails when accessing the csv file Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, February 01, 2014 2:14 PM
Hi All,

I have a csv file in a shared folder in a server. My package is running fine in the designer, but when I set up a sql agent job for the package, it throws the below error:

---"System.Unauthorizedaccessexception: access to the path "\\sharedfolderserver\sharedfoldername is denied"--.

I know this is some where related to securtiy issue.COuld anyone pls help on this? Thanks!
Post #1464023
Posted Monday, June 17, 2013 11:55 PM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:29 AM
Please check whether SQL Server Agent Account/account with which package is executing has access to path "\\sharedfolderserver\sharedfoldername". In your designed, SSIS package runs with your own user account however when you deploy it to SQL Server, it will run with SQL Server Agent Account so that account should have access to requested path.

Regards,
Sacheen

Post #1464461
Posted Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:25 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Thanks for your reply,

Yes the account under which the sql agent jobs runs also has permissions to the shared folder. but the job is still failing. Any help?

Thanks!
Post #1464992
Posted Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:13 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:41 AM
var05 (6/19/2013)
Thanks for your reply,

Yes the account under which the sql agent jobs runs also has permissions to the shared folder. but the job is still failing. Any help?

Thanks!

Sorry to question that, but are you certain? How did you determine the SQL Agent account?

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1465045
Posted Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:58 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Thanks for your reply.

We have a user under which all the sql jobs are executed. And I assume that particular sql account needs to have access to the shared folder?

Could you please let me know if I am right?

Thanks!
Post #1465180
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse