Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSIS Output Parameter error Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:32 AM
Hi all,
I am attempting to run a stored procedure with a single output parameter and then map it to a variable. Seems simple in theory, but I keep getting the error
"There is an invalid number of result bindings returned for the ResultSetType"

After looking at all the answers i can find, none seem to answer my problem.

the SP:-

Create Procedure ReturnsessionVariables(@sessionid INT,@groupshare varchar(2000),@returnvalue nvarchar(max) output)
as
begin
DECLARE @guid NVARCHAR(8)

SELECT @guid = guid from THANDLERSESSION where sessionid = @sessionid

select @returnvalue = substring((SELECT ','+keyname+'='+case when CHARINDEX(@guid,keyvalue) != 0 and keyvalue != @guid then @groupshare + right(keyvalue,len(keyvalue)-CHARINDEX(@guid,keyvalue)) else keyvalue end
from THANDLERPARAMS HP
where sessionid = @sessionid
FOR XML PATH ('')),2,2500)

end

Basically i am reading all the parameters from a table and creating a concatenated string that can then be passed to the next step in my package.
Output Example :-
hrfile=tvdev2.xlsx,skipexceptions=0,appenddata=-1,emailpassword=-1

this proc works fine and returns the data when I run it in SQL.

In SSIS i am attempting to run the proc and return the value to a variable.

As far as i can see I am doing everything ok, but i cannot work out what I must be doing wrong. This is a single return value proc so no issue with more than 1 row, object assignment etc. So what i am doing wrong?

Thanks

Post Attachments 
ExecuteSQL Screen.png (29 views, 20.58 KB)
Parameters.png (29 views, 19.02 KB)
Post #1463598
Posted Friday, June 14, 2013 8:26 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 11:33 PM
Try putting

SET NOCOUNT ON

at the top of your proc.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1463603
Posted Friday, June 14, 2013 8:29 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion
Unfortunately, it has made no difference. Still the same error getting returned in SSIS when I try to run it.
Post #1463607
Posted Friday, June 14, 2013 8:43 AM
Forum Newbie

It's amazing what randomly changing things does.

It seems that because I had a result set as singleRow it was expecting a dataset to come back , and it does not interprete an output value from a Stored Proc as a dataset.

By simply changing the resultset value to "None", the issue has gone away and my value is being returned fine.

Cheers
Post #1463619
Posted Friday, June 14, 2013 8:46 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 11:33 PM
Do you have anything on the resultset tab?

Edit - well done on solving it.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1463620
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse