Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Import CSV File Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 9:27 AM
Hi,

I have a 4 GB CSV file , which i am unable to import in SQL Server 2008 R2, even I not able to open file also. I tried import export wizard also but when i am importing the file , it displaying the records with double quote("").
For Ex:- "Charles"
"$1.2"
Is there any alternate option to import large file into the SQL SERVER or any third party tool which will import the file without double quote.

Thanks in advance-------
Post #1462972
Posted Thursday, June 13, 2013 5:53 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 12:02 PM
arooj300 (6/13/2013)
Hi,

I have a 4 GB CSV file , which i am unable to import in SQL Server 2008 R2, even I not able to open file also. I tried import export wizard also but when i am importing the file , it displaying the records with double quote("").
For Ex:- "Charles"
"$1.2"
Is there any alternate option to import large file into the SQL SERVER or any third party tool which will import the file without double quote.

Thanks in advance-------

the import wizard, bulk insert or sqlcmd.exe/bcp.exe are your best choices, especially for large files.

since you got the import wizard to work, i'd suggest redoing it that way; it sounds like you missed selecting the text qualifier (of dbl quote) , because your data is delimited with it.

change this setting and rerun it again:

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1462996
Posted Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:43 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Today @ 9:27 AM
Thanks ..........its working fine now........
Post #1463131
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse