Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SS Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, August 30, 2013 6:21 AM
Please help!

I have an SSRS report with multiple shared data sources pointing to web services. If all the web services are up, then the report works fine. However, if just one of the web services is down, then the report fails with a connection error. Is there any way around this so that if one of the services (data sources) is down, then the report will still run, showing data from the available datasources.

Thanks.
Post #1457346
Posted Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:43 AM
Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:02 AM
I've not tried this but maybe you could. If you made each dataset its own report then had a master report that had these reports as subreports, then those that can run will run.

Not sure how the ones that can't might manifest though.

Thanks,

Simon

MCSA: SQL Server 2012
Follow me on Twitter: @WazzTheBadger
LinkedIn Profile: Simon Osborne
Post #1457356
Posted Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:55 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Thanks for the reply Simon.

That was my origional thought, but we have now set the report so that it is made up of individual reports, relating to the individiual data sources, but this still seems to fail should one of the datasources be unavailable.
Post #1457369
Posted Friday, May 31, 2013 7:31 AM
Forum Newbie

Thanks for the reply. We've managed to solve the problem now by creating subreports with "embedded" datasets, on the main report (which i think is where you were coming from). Orighionally I believe we tried using shared datasources.

This then allowed the available report details to be displayed and just show an error for the unavailble reports/sources.

Many thanks for your help.
Post #1458676
Posted Friday, May 31, 2013 8:20 AM
Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:02 AM
No worries, glad you got it sorted.

MCSA: SQL Server 2012
Follow me on Twitter: @WazzTheBadger
LinkedIn Profile: Simon Osborne
Post #1458717
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse