Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Backup Job Incomplete Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:47 AM
Mind sharing what was logged for the run where you missed backing up some databases?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Post #1455722
Posted Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:06 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:36 PM
jignesh.swami82 (5/22/2013)
I means there is name upto 33 databases test1 to test33

Okay, if you list 33 database names how do you expect the procedure to backup 41 databases as you indicate in your original post?

Original post:

jignesh.swami82 (5/21/2013)
Hi,

I have problem My backup script runs on every sunday for full backup and should have to take 41 database backup but it only takes 22 or 7 databases backup and and it say that it ran successfully. Can please help me

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #1455726
Posted Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:23 AM

Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Monday, June 23, 2014 6:49 AM
can check database log is full? Try for once database which not backup,Try take manual backup and check is there any problem ?Space available on disk ?
Post #1456121
Posted Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:41 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:24 AM
May be there are trailing spaces in the end of database name. Worth checking !! "DBA" is not same as "DBA " ..
Post #1456132
Posted Friday, May 24, 2013 7:52 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Monday, August 18, 2014 10:48 AM
Thank you all reply
I did two Thing

1) I ran my script manaully it backup and same problem so I took backup inducel database and it work fine by using same script

2)check space I have 1.7 TB free space
Post #1456512
Posted Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:38 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

When I put order by cluase, I found something there is one database it stops taking backup and after that any database it doesn't take i.
Post #1457316
Posted Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:34 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Instead of using a cursor directly against sys.databases, try putting the rows into a #temp table first. Also, try adding FAST_FORWARD option to the cursor just to be sure.

If you have the time to explore another more reliable option, look at the backup solution provided at http://ola.hallengren.com.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Post #1457348
Posted Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:54 AM
Grasshopper

Thank you for reply
But my script has mix recovery model databases there is 4 or 5 databases have Simple recovery model and rest of them is full recovery model it that makes any difference?
Post #1457367
Posted Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:05 AM

SSCertifiable

Ola's solution takes all of that into account. You can have it backup only certain databases, and it supports full, differential and log backups too. Have a look and post back if you have specific questions about how to use it.

Post #1457376
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse