Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Replace a single line in source file Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, May 10, 2013 6:20 AM
I have an FTP command file that I want to open in a data flow and then using a Script Component find the "get" command and dynamically assign a variable value for the <filename> that is to be downloaded from the FTP Site. Problem seems that I cannot use the same actual flat file for Source and Destination. So I guess that I have to have two files a "script template file" for source and the actual "script file" for destination? Is this really the best way? Better alternatives?
Post #1451263
Posted Friday, May 10, 2013 1:23 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 2:15 AM
kurt.whaley (5/9/2013)
I have an FTP command file that I want to open in a data flow and then using a Script Component find the "get" command and dynamically assign a variable value for the <filename> that is to be downloaded from the FTP Site. Problem seems that I cannot use the same actual flat file for Source and Destination. So I guess that I have to have two files a "script template file" for source and the actual "script file" for destination? Is this really the best way? Better alternatives?

I would not recommend a data flow for this. Instead, a Script Task could be used to open, modify and save the file.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)
Post #1451440
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse