Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

configuring ssis pakage for environmental variable Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, October 19, 2014 12:25 AM
I want proper steps to configure package for environmental variable and deploy that package and run it on another machine so it will use config from environmental variable.
Post #1450759
Posted Tuesday, May 14, 2013 3:44 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:52 PM
Understanding Integration Services Package Configurations

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1452463
Posted Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:23 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Monday, June 9, 2014 6:15 AM
What tool you are using to design packages? SSIS 2008/2008R2/2012.

As per my experience you should always create environmental variables as System Variables.

Vikash Kumar Singh || www.singhvikash.in
Post #1452897
Posted Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:51 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 3:11 AM
Vikash Kumar Singh (5/14/2013)
What tool you are using to design packages? SSIS 2008/2008R2/2012.

As per my experience you should always create environmental variables as System Variables.

First point to note is that they're called 'environment' variables, not environmental - these won't help us with climate change.

The link provided by Koen provides all the details - look for the parts which refer to 'indirect' configuration.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1452940
Posted Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:57 AM
Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Monday, April 7, 2014 11:41 AM
One caution I want to throw out here - environment variables are NOT instance aware. That is if you have 2 (or more) instances of SQL Server on the same installation of windows, they will all share the environment variables. This one bit me when I took over some SSIS from a contractor and the QA and UAT instances were on the same windows server.
Post #1453205
Posted Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:50 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:52 PM
Uripedes Pants (5/15/2013)
One caution I want to throw out here - environment variables are NOT instance aware. That is if you have 2 (or more) instances of SQL Server on the same installation of windows, they will all share the environment variables. This one bit me when I took over some SSIS from a contractor and the QA and UAT instances were on the same windows server.

Another related issue is that you can't install multiple instances of SSIS on one server, so that one SSIS has to share QA and UAt as well.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1453787
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse