Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Oracle Linked server randomly failing from sql agent job Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:33 AM
I have a number of jobs that fail because of a linked server message.

Executed as user: Domain\User. Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "OraOLEDB.Oracle" for linked server "Oracle". [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 7303).  The step failed.

Sometimes these jobs complete successfully, though they fail the majority of the time. Any ideas?
Post #1449795
Posted Wednesday, May 08, 2013 8:15 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:15 AM
jshurak (5/6/2013)
I have a number of jobs that fail because of a linked server message.

Executed as user: Domain\User. Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "OraOLEDB.Oracle" for linked server "Oracle". [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 7303).  The step failed.

Sometimes these jobs complete successfully, though they fail the majority of the time. Any ideas?

Please check this... http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/1d90b645-0d42-430d-b2e1-9e7cb671beec/

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
Post #1450593
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse