Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

How can you list the tables transferred in an SSIS Package? Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 3:38 PM
Rookie SSIS user on SQL2008R2. I need to list the names of the approximately 95 tables that are moving from one DB to another. Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks - Bill
Post #1448942
Posted Thursday, May 2, 2013 9:48 PM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:28 AM
bill-900846 (5/2/2013)
Rookie SSIS user on SQL2008R2. I need to list the names of the approximately 95 tables that are moving from one DB to another. Is there a simple way to do this?

Are you looking for a list of all tables in the db? If so you can just do something like:
SELECT *
FROM sys.table_types

If you want to see what tables the SSIS package is working on, you need to open the package (.dtsx file) and take a look. It could be looping through a result set taken from a query like above, it could be hard coded -- you'll just need to see what the package is doing.

HTH,
Rob
Post #1449042
Posted Friday, May 3, 2013 9:30 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 3:38 PM
It was the latter. I used the brute-force method. Saved as XML, opened in UltraEdit text editor, and did a search to find the appropriate lines that listed the tables.

Robert, thanks for the reply.
Post #1449264
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse