Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Forcing SSIS to use iexplorer web proxy Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 6:21 AM
Hey. As the subject says, is there anyway to force the default connection method in SSIS to use the proxy settings within internet explorer?

The issue is this. I am sat behind a corporate firewall that has some sites unblocked, but not all. I use the google analytics connector supplied by Tillman (excellent connector, by the way) but at this point in time it doesn't support proxy internet connections. The issue here is upon execution it just fires out anonymously to try and get the data, and our firewall says no.

So I was thinking perhaps we can force SSIS generally to use the proxy connection within iexplorer, so it thinks it's using the default connection, but is therefore using my credentials to connect.

I know this is a long shot but if there are any other clever ideas of how to resolve this I am all ears. My TMG team tell me they cannot unblock these sites from the list.

JK
Post #1448328
Posted Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:11 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 6:21 AM
Wanted to raise this back up as it's still a challenge.
Post #1487124
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse