Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Can not open the file Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 6:21 AM
Hi I have an issue .File is not loading from the source .Flat file source is the source

[Flat File Source [656]] Error: Cannot open the datafile "G:\er\inbound\upsirpt\soup\extracted\delimited\*test1.*.dat".

Post #1447435
Posted Monday, April 29, 2013 4:15 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 11:18 AM
I do not think that the wildcard character * is valid in file names - assuming that that is your question?

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)
Post #1447437
Posted Monday, April 29, 2013 9:45 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Today @ 6:21 AM

Yes. how to process this file
Post #1447613
Posted Monday, April 29, 2013 10:52 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 11:18 AM
Smash125 (4/29/2013)

Yes. how to process this file

That file does not exist. Remove the wildcard characters and use the real file name.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)
Post #1447655
Posted Thursday, June 6, 2013 5:55 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Friday, November 14, 2014 10:26 PM
Use expression to build the complete file name, if you want to make it more dynamic

Joe
Post #1460634
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse