Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Adding Report Services to existing passive cluster node Expand / Collapse
Author
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:10 PM
A million? that should keep me going for a while. Glad that's sorted

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Post #1446220
Posted Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:36 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:08 PM
Larry Kruse (4/24/2013)
I have a clustered SQL Server 2008 R2 setup.

Node01 = runs an instance of Report Services pointing at a production report services database on the cluster.
Node02 = isn't running a Report Services instance.

The clustered server contains two primary application databases - Production and Staging

The already installed RS instance on Node01 services the production database. I need to setup Reporting Services on Node02 so that it will service the Staging database.

I began rolling through the setup on Node02 this morning but it failed validation saying that this instance was already clustered. I noted that early on in the setup program, it wanted me to choose the instance to install RS onto, but the pull down only listed the cluster name...not the particular Node name(s).

What steps am I going to have to follow to install an RS instance on Node02 that ties to the Staging database? I found a couple of posts in the forum here describing similar but not quite the same circumstances.

I'm new to working with clustered servers, so I'm a little confused about what things I can and can't do while the cluster is running. Can I simply "pause" the Node02 machine and then run the SETUP.exe program? Do I have bring the Node02 resource offline first?

As always, any help any of you can toss my way will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Larry

Skipping the rules during setup will allow you to add ssrs instance to existing cluster instance install.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1447229
Posted Saturday, April 27, 2013 3:52 AM
SSCertifiable

could you expand on that perry?

Post #1447243
Posted Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:18 AM

SSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:08 PM
george sibbald (4/27/2013)
could you expand on that perry?

You run setup with the skip validation rules parameter. Search google you'll find it.

I generally wouldn't recommend it though as using skip rules may void ms support agreement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1447265
Posted Saturday, April 27, 2013 8:28 AM
SSCertifiable

thanks for clarifying, I thought thats what you meant. And that allows you to install RS as part of the default instance on the second node instead of in its own instance?

Post #1447271
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse