Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Excel Source Error Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, July 1, 2013 7:07 AM
I am trying to load the data from Excel sheet and its givinge me the following error;
[OLEDBDestination - Error: An error occurred while setting up a binding for the "Column_Name" column. The binding status was "DT_TEXT".

Since Exel uses the forst few rows to derive the data types , i had tried to make chages in the Advanced editor and then setting the datatypes for the External columns and the output columns , but still not working.

In Excel sheet the first rows are of String type and in the destination table they are of TextStream(varchar(max)).

so i need to make excel source think that the datatypes are of ntext type.

any help will be apprecited.
Thanks
Post #1442924
Posted Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:36 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 2:15 AM
Can you load your data from a CSV file rather than Excel? Things will work better if you can change your source.

Is your column really called Column_Name?

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)
Post #1442942
Posted Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:52 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Monday, July 1, 2013 7:07 AM
No i am not able to change the source.
column_name is not the name of the column, it just mentions the name of the column that is in the source.
Post #1443038
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse