Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Microsoft Support of SQL 2000 in Compatability Mode Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:18 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:02 PM
SQL 2000 Extended support seems to have ended. My company is taking on the hosting of an externally hosted application which is SQL 2000 that does not support the DB on any higher release. We will put it on a SQL 2008 R2 instance and keep it in 2000 compatability mode until we can figure out what to do with it. I've been asked if being in compatability mode affects the support dates in any way. I wouldn't think so. What do you think?
Post #1440950
Posted Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:44 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 6:21 PM
hayden_jones (4/10/2013)
SQL 2000 Extended support seems to have ended. My company is taking on the hosting of an externally hosted application which is SQL 2000 that does not support the DB on any higher release. We will put it on a SQL 2008 R2 instance and keep it in 2000 compatability mode until we can figure out what to do with it. I've been asked if being in compatability mode affects the support dates in any way. I wouldn't think so. What do you think?

Once the database is on a SQL Server 2008 R2 instance it is effectively a SQL Server 2008 R2 database. The compatability mode just ensures that the database engine behaves as it would on SQL Server 2000, such as supporting ANSI-89 style outer joins, etc.

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #1440959
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse