Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

I cannot import SSIS package into MSDB folder. Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 9:37 AM

Hi all,
I am working on SSIS and created integrated services project and saved them under a new folder.
I want to deploy them under msdb folder and schedule the package but, i am getting this error:

The SQL Server instance specified in SSIS service configuration is not present or is not available. This might occur when there is no default instance of SQL Server on the computer. For more information see the topic "Configuring the Integration Services" in Books online....

I have searched google and changed the msdtdsrvr.ini under C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Binn..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <DtsServiceConfiguration xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<StopExecutingPackagesOnShutdown>true</StopExecutingPackagesOnShutdown>
- <TopLevelFolders>
- <Folder xsi:type="SqlServerFolder">
<Name>MSDB</Name>
<ServerName>.</ServerName>
</Folder>
- <Folder xsi:type="FileSystemFolder">
<Name>File System</Name>
<StorePath>..\Packages</StorePath>
</Folder>
</TopLevelFolders>
</DtsServiceConfiguration>

TO:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <DtsServiceConfiguration xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<StopExecutingPackagesOnShutdown>true</StopExecutingPackagesOnShutdown>
- <TopLevelFolders>
- <Folder xsi:type="SqlServerFolder">
<Name>MSDB</Name>
<ServerName>nyabc</ServerName> ----This is changed
</Folder>
- <Folder xsi:type="FileSystemFolder">
<Name>File System</Name>
<StorePath>..\Packages</StorePath>
</Folder>
</TopLevelFolders>
</DtsServiceConfiguration>

I couldn't give the instance name because our SQL Server is installed on default instance mssqlserver so i gave only server name nyabc.

No matter how i change the part <ServerName>nyabc</ServerName> i was unable to load the package into msdb folder. It is giving the same error even after restarting ssis service.

Can anyone please tell me what is the wrong i am doing here? How should i import packages to msdb folder and schedule them?
Post #1435986
Posted Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:01 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 3:27 PM
How are you deploying the package?

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #1436045
Posted Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:12 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Using SSMS intergration service. I could login into the server using administrator access
Post #1436051
Posted Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:18 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Have you tried deploying the package from BIDS using the deployment tool?

Lynn Pettis

For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables

Post #1436056
Posted Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:26 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

No, I only two ways to deploy SSIS.
One is on BIDS Click File->save copy as-> and then select the package store and file. -- this is not working for me.
Another is using SSMS integration services. -- Not working.

I can learn about this deployment tool too.. Is this any kind of software tool?
Post #1436061
Posted Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:31 AM

SSC-Insane

It is a part of BIDS. I haven't worked with SSIS for a while so you should do some research in BOL (Books Online).

Lynn Pettis

Post #1436064
Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:42 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Monday, October 6, 2014 6:26 AM

You can get more information on deployment of SSIS packages in the msdn site.....

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms137592.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms162820%28v=sql.105%29.aspx

http://maxt2posh.wordpress.com/2010/04/23/deploying-ssis-packages-using-dtutil-exe-with-powershell-part-1%E2%80%A6/
Post #1436278
Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:09 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:57 AM
Hi,
Another way of deploy that package is right click the project name in the solution explorer . one pop menu will appear. choose deploy it launches the screen . Here you have to give the deployment path . If u need deployment manifest file choose that option also. It will create one file which is located in where your package available.
In that folder click that newly created manifest file It will ask details about that package..then proceed with based on the dialogue box questions..
Post #1436286
Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:56 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 1:28 PM
srilu_bannu (3/27/2013)

Hi all,
I am working on SSIS and created integrated services project and saved them under a new folder.
I want to deploy them under msdb folder and schedule the package but, i am getting this error:

I couldn't give the instance name because our SQL Server is installed on default instance mssqlserver so i gave only server name nyabc.

No matter how i change the part <ServerName>nyabc</ServerName> i was unable to load the package into msdb folder. It is giving the same error even after restarting ssis service.

Can anyone please tell me what is the wrong i am doing here? How should i import packages to msdb folder and schedule them?

Under which name is the SQL Server database engine installed? Under the default instance or under nyab?

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1436355
Posted Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:12 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:28 AM
Did you say you ARE or ARE NOT able to open the server in SSMS and import the package that way?

Steps would be: Open SSMS, connect to Integration Services with the server name, the folders listed should be Running Packages and Stored Packages. MSDB is usually listed underneath Stored Packages.

Can you do that kind of deployment?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database Administrator

Webpage: http://www.BrandieTarvin.net
LiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/
On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.

Freelance Writer: Shadowrun
Latchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Post #1436647
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse