Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSIS 2012,Ecel 2010 excel source error connection manager Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, May 16, 2014 10:39 AM
Hi all,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could not retrieve the table information for the connection manager 'Excel Connection Manager'.
Failed to connect to the source using the connection manager 'Excel Connection Manager'
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am using VS 2010, MS office 2010 & windows 7 64-bit machine. Though i installed the Access db engine 2010 redistributable_x64, i couldn't find these drivers in the list of providers in oledb source.Also, i tried changing the run 64 bit runtime to false, but still the problem persists. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Post #1435129
Posted Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:49 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:10 AM
Please refer this link: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1355460-145-1.aspx#bm1376976

SQL Database Recovery Expert
Post #1435382
Posted Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:24 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 6:51 AM
vamsinamburu (3/25/2013)
Hi all,

Could not retrieve the table information for the connection manager 'Excel Connection Manager'.
Failed to connect to the source using the connection manager 'Excel Connection Manager'

I am using VS 2010, MS office 2010 & windows 7 64-bit machine. Though i installed the Access db engine 2010 redistributable_x64, i couldn't find these drivers in the list of providers in oledb source.Also, i tried changing the run 64 bit runtime to false, but still the problem persists. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Make sure you have the 32-bit ACE OLE DB drivers installed, as BIDS/SSDT is a 32-bit application.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1435524
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse