Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Upgraded from SQL2000 to SQL2008R2 - Now have corruption Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 3, 2013 10:22 AM
foxxo,

Not sure if I can give you enough info since I don't understand hardware very much myself. But, here goes.

We are in a virtual environment. With our Term Server, SQL Server, and Domain all on one box. We then have a NAS. Unfortunately our 'pipeline' to the NAS from all the servers is only one pipeline. We don't have a dedicated pipeline to just the SQL Server. I am being told that it is a bad design of our infrastructure.

Does this make sense? If you have other questions, I may be able to get the answers.
Post #1433789
Posted Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:11 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 1:13 PM
If it's a NAS, you need to make very sure that is supports SQL's IO requirements. SQL requires write order preservation and that there be no sector rewrites.

IO contention won't cause corruption, so the fact that it's a single route shouldn't be a problem. Something in that IO stack however is not behaving correctly if you have repeated corruption.

Oh, and SQL Server and the DC on the same machine is a bad setup.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1433807
Posted Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:29 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, July 3, 2013 10:22 AM
GilaMonster,

They are on Virtual Machines on the same hardware. So, they are essentially on separate machines.

I will pass your last note along to my co-worker and my hardware tech.
Post #1433866
Posted Tuesday, April 9, 2013 12:48 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, May 12, 2013 11:14 PM
If you run DBCC CHECKDB and this command do not work properly then you can try third party tool to repair corrupt .mdf file. I recommend you SQL recovery software as I have also faced that type of problem. But with the help of this application I recovered entire database safe condition. So you can also use this application and save your precious data. I you have any issue regarding this recovery process you can visit this link: http://www.systoolsgroup.com/sql-recovery.html
Post #1440504
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse