Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Report runs no data on client but shows on server also downloads from client Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:52 AM
Hello,
I just installed SSRS on an existing SQL Server 2012 server. I created a simple test report that runs and shows data if I access from the local browser on the server. if I access the report server from a client PC I see the report and it runs but the window is totally blank. I can download it and the results are there.

I thought this would be a quick google to find the answer but I have been unable to. Possibly my keywords aren't the right ones because I keep getting answers that don't apply to my situation.

Please let me know if I haven't explained the situation well enough or if you need more information to understand what's occurring.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated responses.
Post #1432226
Posted Monday, March 18, 2013 10:50 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:52 AM
Solved my own problem. I'll give an explanation in case anyone needs this someday. It tuirned out that, because I was using the chrome browser on my client machine and IE on the server, I was assuming it was a server vs client problem when in actuality it was because I used Chrome, which is not supported for SSRS. I was able to find an extension named IE tab that allowed me to use a separate tab within Chrome to render the reports. The link to it is here: [url=http://www.ietab.net/ie-tab-documentation?from=chromeurl][/url]

Just add the site(s) you want to automatically open in IE tab and you're set.
Post #1432270
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse