Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSIS Wizard vs Manual Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:18 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:22 PM
I am new to SSIS , new to the forum too .
I have been reading books and reading online for the past few days and created a few SSIS packages (Sql Server 2008).
I generally use the Wizard to create SSIS packages , I also know that there is another manual way of
creating the packages without the wizard, which is not as easy.

I wanted to know in terms of best practices, if one way is preferred over the other.
Post #1422621
Posted Friday, February 22, 2013 2:02 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, September 15, 2014 7:23 AM
sameerarjuna (2/21/2013)
I am new to SSIS , new to the forum too .
I have been reading books and reading online for the past few days and created a few SSIS packages (Sql Server 2008).
I generally use the Wizard to create SSIS packages , I also know that there is another manual way of
creating the packages without the wizard, which is not as easy.

I wanted to know in terms of best practices, if one way is preferred over the other.

The wizard will create a package to copy data from one place to another - and that's about it. If you want more sophistication - updates, or calculated columns, for example - you'll need to use BIDS. I very rarely use the wizard these days, because the stuff I am developing is too complex for it.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1422917
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse