Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Review - Apex SQL Edit Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, November 11, 2004 6:33 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:04 AM

version = 2.10.0.0

I wonder however why are you asking only the version, and not tables' schema, indexes, relations, load of the server, version of the server, and 100 other parameters required in order to professionally reproduce anything.

That's why beta testing by dozens or hundreds of testers is an absolutely mandatory part of the product development. If every problem was experienced by everyone, programmer's life would be much, much easier. For instance, several weeks ago I finally figured out why Access application that works fine for dozens of users, permanently crashed on one particular machine. Turned out, it was caused by printer driver (though he did not even attempt to print). Do you also want to know the version of my printer driver, Dale?

Post #145950
Posted Thursday, November 11, 2004 7:23 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, November 08, 2007 3:19 PM
The Parse in Edit works like the Parse in QA and not the Check Syntax in EM. Basically, like QA, edit simply does a set parseonly on and then runs the query to get the results. I don't know how EM does a full syntax check unless it simply creates the procedure in a transaction and looks for errors that way.

That might be something we could add to Edit though in a future release.

Ashton
Post #145952
Posted Thursday, November 11, 2004 8:24 PM

SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:18 AM

"Do you also want to know the version of my printer driver, Dale?"

No, are you kidding?  Sounds like a job for ApexSQL.  Even so, Sorry you had problems with the software.  Maybe you can try developing an alternative? 

All the best,

Dale

Author: An Introduction to SQL Server 2005 Management Studio
Post #145955
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse