Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Moving SQL Server 2008 R2 Single instance to new domain Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, February 6, 2013 10:55 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:26 AM
We are migrating to a new domain and I have few questions -

1. I need to change the SQL server start up service account from domain1\SVC_SQL to domain2\SVC_SQL
2. We are using a windows group domain1\GroupA and I need to have a new windows group account as domain2\GroupA. Is there a script to add all the permissions of the old account domain1\GroupA to the new windows group domain2\GroupA?

Besides all these is there any other thing I need to look at? Any help would be greatly appreicated. Thanks
Post #1416645
Posted Wednesday, February 6, 2013 1:00 PM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Sunday, August 31, 2014 1:00 AM
Guras (2/6/2013)

1. I need to change the SQL server start up service account from domain1\SVC_SQL to domain2\SVC_SQL

No issues unless you have used this account to run the other jobs or linked servers etc..

2. We are using a windows group domain1\GroupA and I need to have a new windows group account as domain2\GroupA. Is there a script to add all the permissions of the old account domain1\GroupA to the new windows group domain2\GroupA?

you can script out as create login

Besides all these is there any other thing I need to look at? Any help would be greatly appreicated. Thanks

Make sure you have backup of all databases including system databases before you do anything ,...anytime.

--SQLFRNDZ
Post #1416702
Posted Wednesday, February 6, 2013 1:14 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:26 AM
@SQLFRNDZ (2/6/2013)
Guras (2/6/2013)

No issues unless you have used this account to run the other jobs or linked servers etc..

Yes we have

you can script out as create login

Make sure you have backup of all databases including system databases before you do anything ,...anytime.
Post #1416706
Posted Wednesday, February 6, 2013 1:28 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Monday, August 25, 2014 9:55 AM
DONT FORGET ALTER LOGIN [DOMAIN1\USER] with name=[DOMAIN2\USER]

Alex S
Post #1416712
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse