Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSIS Extract and Load Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:40 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, September 16, 2013 11:20 AM
HI,
I am trying to write a ssis package which moves clients file from certain directory to another.

Source Path : D:\Temp\Source\Client A_CSV
D:\Temp\Source\Client B_CSV etc

Source Directory has many folders of clients like Client A_CSV etc.

I want that when i move files to ARCHIVE directory,so that it rename the files with time stamp.

So far, i have been able to move with file task, but it does not allow me to rename file as I retrieve
FULLY QUALIFIED PATH as loop enumerates,

So,,any idea ,, how i accomplish renaming with file system task or Script Task,

Thanks

Post Attachments 
1.png (0 views, 116.62 KB)
Post #1414294
Posted Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:47 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Thursday, December 18, 2014 1:37 PM
Go through the following articles. Let us know if this still doesn't solve your question.

http://www.bidn.com/blogs/KeithHyer/bidn-blog/2465/copy-and-rename-a-file-in-ssis-using-the-file-system-task

http://www.rafael-salas.com/2007/03/ssis-file-system-task-move-and-rename.html

~Sam.

http://svangasql.wordpress.com
Post #1414420
Posted Friday, February 1, 2013 3:51 AM
SSC Rookie

a bundle of Thanks
Post #1414552
Posted Friday, February 1, 2013 7:03 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Thursday, December 25, 2014 8:04 PM
It is a lot of work to do this in SSIS. Do you have to use SSIS? You could do this with a single line of PowerShell too.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Post #1414659
Posted Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:56 AM
SSC Rookie

i have a new problem .

i am writing ssis package having For Each Loop Container Which iterates through DropBox Folder ..

But when it iterates, it gives error : Desktop.ini File in DropBox is not Recognized.

How do i ignore this .ini file while iterating through Dropbox ?
Post #1419986
Posted Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:15 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 12:59 PM
iamsql1 (2/14/2013)
i have a new problem .

i am writing ssis package having For Each Loop Container Which iterates through DropBox Folder ..

But when it iterates, it gives error : Desktop.ini File in DropBox is not Recognized.

How do i ignore this .ini file while iterating through Dropbox ?

Please do not cross-post. Answers here please.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)
Post #1419995
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse